Herbal medicine bases its theories on the idea that each fruit or vegetable has a contribution to make and that combined with others can help to prevent or even cure diseases.
Although History gives an account of ancient cultures, few managed to develop a medicine as elaborate and effective as they were able to create the Chinese thousands of years ago. Many of his techniques and recipes are still used today and with excellent results.
Take note of all that this combination of beets, carrots, and apples can do for your health:
1. Improves skin quality: Its cleansing and antioxidant effect help keep the skin in top condition by removing stains and pimples while delaying the effects of premature aging. A daily glass of this preparation contributes to improving your skin.
2. Improves brain function: The antioxidants and nutrients in this beverage enhance cognitive ability and memory by making our brain work optimally.
3. Prevents cancer: Already in antiquity, this shake was used to relieve lung cancer patients, contributing to improve the quality of life of patients. Its main attribute is that it brings together large amounts of antioxidants that have anti-cancer properties.
4. Improves eyesight: The carrot contains high doses of vitamin A that favors the vision and protects the health of the eyes. It is ideal for people who must work fixing the eyes for many hours on a computer or writing as it prevents eye fatigue and irritation.
5. Protects the liver: The nutrients of this shake help to purify the blood and increase the production of red blood cells. This helps cleanse the liver and eliminate toxins.
6. Strengthens heart and lungs: It is a very helpful beverage if you want to target the functioning of your heart and lungs. Beets and carrots contain beta-carotene and lutein, which help reduce cholesterol and create extra protection for the heart.
7. Menstrual pains and discomfort: This juice is effective for treating menstrual cramps.
How do you prepare?
You should drink this juice on an empty stomach in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast.
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic apple
- 1 organic beet
Be sure to wash your vegetables thoroughly, just because they’re organic doesn’t mean that they don’t have substances that need to be cleaned off first. Chop up everything and throw it in a blender with 8 ounces of filtered water with some ice.
Drinking this milkshake in the morning means receiving a dose of vitamins that you will notice in your work or study performance throughout the day because it will make you feel light and alert.