Hemorrhoids are extremely painful and occur when the veins in and around the rectum become inflamed, creating hard bumps that are itchy and irritating. Applying coconut oil will soothe inflammation, but you can also add ginger or peppermint oils for extra relief. Combine coconut oil with aloe vera gel or witch hazel for a cooling effect. To treat hemorrhoids from the inside, drink mild laxatives like ginger or dandelion tea with coconut oil.
When you have hemorrhoids, nothing else seems to matter. You need relief and fast! You can get this by first adjusting your diet and using coconut oil, a natural hemorrhoid cure. By definition, hemorrhoids are inflamed veins in or around your rectum. Depending on the spot, symptoms include itching, hard lumps, pain, and bleeding. Common causes range from chronic constipation to a low-fiber diet. Pregnancy, aging, and lifting heavy objects are also possible reasons.
Treatment calls for fiber-rich foods and stool softeners. You can also take over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen or aspirin. If the hemorrhoids are on the outside, creams and ointments may be used. Coconut oil might also help. It has anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful for those inflamed veins. Traditionally, coconut oil is also thought to be a laxative, providing potential relief for constipation. As a gentle remedy, coconut oil is worth a shot.
Getting Rid Of Hemorrhoids With Coconut
1. Coconut Oil For Inflammation And Irritation
Coconut oil works perfectly fine by itself. When applied on the skin, it soothes inflammation and irritation. These benefits can also be applied to hemorrhoids.
- Using the double boiler method, melt coconut oil over low heat and do not let it burn.
- You can also leave it out to melt.
- Once the liquid is at room temperature, dip a cotton ball into it until it saturates.
- Apply on the hemorrhoids and hold for up to 10 minutes.
- A cotton swab can also be used.
2. Ginger Coconut Balm For Pain
Ginger is known for beating nausea, but it can also relieve pain. In fact, a compress made of ginger has been shown to reduce pain in osteoarthritis patients. For these benefits on hemorrhoids, use ginger oil with coconut oil.
- Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil over low heat.
- Add 5 drops of ginger essential oil and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a small container and let it harden.
- Using clean fingers or cotton swabs, apply it on the hemorrhoids.
- To make a bigger batch, use 5 drops ginger oil for every 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
3. Aloe Vera Coconut Gel For Inflammation And Skin Repair
The cooling effect of aloe vera gel will feel amazing. This remedy contains anti-inflammatory glycoproteins, making it perfect for conditions like hemorrhoids, sunburns, and psoriasis. Aloe vera also has polysaccharides that speed up skin repair.
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of aloe vera gel and coconut oil and mix well.
- With clean fingers, spread it on the hemorrhoids.
4. Witch Hazel And Coconut Oil For Itching And Irritation
Witch hazel, a popular astringent, reduces itching and irritation. It’s extremely gentle yet soothing. For best results, use alcohol-free witch hazel without added scents.
- Add up to 10 drops of witch hazel to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Stir until combined.
- Dip a cotton ball until completely soaked.
- Apply on the hemorrhoids.
5. Peppermint Coconut Balm To Reduce Irritation
Do you feel like you’re on fire? Use peppermint essential oil, a powerful cooling remedy. It can treat irritation and also fight anxiety and nausea.
- Over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Add 5 drops of peppermint oil and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a small container and leave to harden.
- Spread on the hemorrhoids with clean fingers or cotton swabs.
6. Coconut Ginger Tea To Relieve Constipation
For centuries, ginger has been used as a digestive aid. This is great news for constipation and other bowel problems. As a tea, ginger can treat hemorrhoids from the inside, especially with coconut oil.
- Boil fresh ginger in water. Use more ginger for stronger flavor.
- When the water is infused, remove the ginger.
- Pour into a mug and add 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Add honey and lemon for taste.
- Mix well and enjoy.
7. Dandelion Coconut Tea To Improve Digestion
Dandelion tea is a mild laxative. With its strong roots, it promotes healthy digestion. Adding coconut oil will simply boost its flavor and benefits.
- Brew 1 cup of dandelion root tea. Never use dandelions from the wild.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- For more flavor, add honey and lemon.
- Mix well and enjoy.
Hemorrhoids affect 1 in 20 Americans, so they’re not rare. Both men and women can get them – especially with age.To avoid joining those numbers, prevent hemorrhoids by getting enough fiber and water and use these simple remedies.