The heart is one of the most important organs, but, surprisingly, we take care of it the least, loading it every day with unhealthy diets and stress. And that’s too bad because processed, fatty food increases cholesterol levels, which leads to vascular plaques that prevent the heart from working correctly.
This article will review 15 products that will clean your blood vessels, improve your overall well-being, and decrease the risk of heart attacks in the future. As a bonus, we added a recipe for a special drink for healthy blood vessels.
15 foods that prevent heart attacks
1. Fatty fish: Salmon, mackerel, haddock, herring, and other fatty fish decreases the risk of atherosclerosis and arrhythmia. It’s the best to eat them 2-3 times a week.
2. Oatmeal: Rich in fiber, it decreases the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and improves digestion. Coarse oatmeal is the healthiest.
3. Berries: Strawberries and blueberries are very good at lowering blood pressure and dilatating blood vessels.
4. Dark chocolate (minimum 60-70% cocoa): Helps normalize blood pressure, fights inflammation, and blood clotting.
5. Nuts: Contain protein fibers that help the heart. They also contain vitamin E that helps decrease the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol.
6. Extra virgin olive oil: Just a couple of tablespoons will lowe the bad cholesterol levels and sugar in the blood.
7. Red wine: Helps decrease fat deposits in your blood vessels and assists in detoxification and weight loss. Should be consumed in moderation!
8. Green tea: Just one cup of green tea a day stops the formation of cholesterol plaques. Moreover, green tea boosts metabolism and helps you fight excess weight.
9. Broccoli and spinach: Contain lots of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. They activate the heart and normalize blood pressure.
10. Avocado: Decrease the bad cholesterol and helps clear the arteries. It is also rich in fiber.
11. Pomegranate: Contain antioxidants, lowers blood pressure, improves blood circulation, and increases hemoglobin levels.
12. Cinnamon: Fights heart diseases and atherosclerosis. It also boosts metabolism and helps you lose weight.
13. Watermelon: Plays an important role in vascular health. Stabilizes the cholesterol levels and contains antioxidants.
14. Garlic: Dilates blood vessels, lowers blood pressure, alleviates vasoconstriction, and prevents atherosclerotic plaques from appearing.
15. Apples and pears: Rich in fiber that helps your heart. They normalize blood circulation and are cheaper and more readily available alternative to pomegranates.
Bonus: A special drink for healthy blood vessels
- 250 ml ginger juice
- 250 ml garlic puree
- 250 ml lemon juice
- 250 ml organic apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons raw, organic honey
Mix all the ingredients except for the honey, and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir continuously. Take it off the heat, and cool it completely. Add honey, mix, and pour the mixture into a clean bottle. You can store this drink in the fridge for 1 to 2 months.
Take 1 tablespoon of this drink every morning on an empty stomach.
Health benefits: Garlic and honey reduce blood pressure and level of cholesterols, ginger prevents heart diseases, lemon regulates heartbeats, apple cider vinegar removes toxins from the body.